In order to setup Norton Security Software completely on your device, you will be needed to complete the installation and activation process. However, While installing the Norton Security Software on your device, If you have encountered Norton Error 500 then it is because of installation failure. Mostly this error occurs because of damaged or missing Software files that are required to install the software successfully. In this article, we will discuss some of the quick ways that will help you in troubleshooting this error successfully.
Methods to Fix Norton Error 500
The very first thing you need to do is to run the Norton LiveUpdate. this will help you to update the software to the latest release. we have listed below the step-wise solution to enable Norton Liveupdate.
- Double-click on the Norton icon from the desktop to open it.
- Now click on the Norton LiveUpdate option and then wait until the process completes.
- Once you get the update confirmation message on your screen click on Ok and ensure the version of the software.
- In case, the software is not updated then keep running the Noton LiveUpdate until you have the latest release of the Norton Software.
- Now shut down the Norton Software and restart your device.
Steps to fix Norton Error 500 On Mac
In order to troubleshoot the Norton Error 500 on your Mac Device, You need to follow the methods mentioned below.
Method: 1 Norton Security Uninstallation
- open the norton Security software by double-clicking on the Icon.
- Now from the menu bar, Go to Norton Product and then choose the uninstall button.
- Now Click On Uninstall from the opened window and then wait until it completes.
- After that, Enter your Norton Account Credentials to confirm the uninstallation process and then open the install helper.
- After that, click on the uninstall button and then wait until the process completes.
Method: 2 Disable all Norton Device
- Open the safari browser and open my.norton.com.
- Now login into your Norton Account and then Click On devices.
- This will open the list of all the active devices.
- Now select the device and click on the Remove option.
- A window will be open on the screen, click on Remove and then Click on Ok.
- Now close all the windows.
Method: 3 Trying Installing Norton Antivirus
- Enter Norton.com/setup in your browser window and hit enter.
- Now open your Norton Account by logging in with your credentials. In case you don’t have a Norton account then create one.
- Click on create a New Account and then enter all the required information like Email Address, Name, etc to complete the registration process.
- Now enter your Norton Subscription key to activate the account.
- Go to Norton Products and then select the desired product you wish to download to your device.
- Go to the download page and click on the Download button.
- Now Click on “I Agree” when prompted to confirm and then click on Ok to start the download process.
- Now go to the folder where the file is stored and then double-click on the Norton Installer file to start the installation process.
- Complete the installation process as prompted on the screen and then restart your device.
Now try opening the Norton Antivirus tool to check if the error has been resolved or not. In case, you are still not able to access the Norton Security Software then try contacting the experts at Norton. You need to go to Norton.com/setup to get assistance to resolve the issue.
Steps To Fix Norton Error 500 on Windows
In order to troubleshoot this error on your windows device, you need to first restart your device and then set your default browser. After restarting your device, follow these steps to set the default browser.
- Click on the start menu and then open settings.
- Now click on Default apps and then choose the browser which you want to set it as default.
- Click on Ok and then close the window.
Once you are done, try installing and activating the Norton Security Software. If you are still not able to activate the Norton Software then it might be because of some other reasons. You might need to perform some advanced troubleshooting solutions to resolve this error. Try contacting Norton.com/setup to get assistance regarding this issue.
However, In most cases, these methods can easily troubleshoot this error. You can follow these methods to successfully install the Norton Security Software. In case you are new to Norton Software and need some assistance to install or set up Norton Antivirus on your device then you can contact us. We have a team of experts who can help you with a stepwise solution to successfully install the software.